2019-20 Executive Board Members
of the Montana Association of Student Councils
President Peyton Lammerding – Exec Committee Chair of Awards (Arlee HS): firstname.lastname@example.org
Advisor Susan Carney (Arlee HS): email@example.com
President Austin Gibson – Exec Committee Chair of National Conference (Highwood High School): firstname.lastname@example.org
Advisor Ryan Anderson (CMR): email@example.com
President Cade Duran – Exec Committee Ambassador (Helena High School – Helena): firstname.lastname@example.org
Advisor Taylee Schlaugh (Capital High School, Helena): email@example.com
President Lily Fouts – Chair of Executive Committee (Red Lodge High School): firstname.lastname@example.org
Advisor Mitch Evans (Hardin High School): email@example.com
President Wilson Overby – Exec Committee Communications Director (Chinook HS): firstname.lastname@example.org
Fay Friede (Chinook High School), Advisor: email@example.com
President Zachery Craig – Exec Committee Chair of Media Promotions (Baker High School): firstname.lastname@example.org
Advisor Shelly Weight (Forsyth HS): email@example.com
Ex-Officio Board Members
Michelle Paine (Flathead High School): firstname.lastname@example.org
Jane M. Suberg: email@example.com
Kelly Elder: firstname.lastname@example.org
MONTANA BOARD OF PUBLIC EDUCATION STUDENT REP:
Paris Becker (Fairfield HS): email@example.com
Executive Committee Duties
Chair of the Executive Committee will:
- Preside over Executive Committee meetings.
- Oversee fellow district presidents and their respective responsibilities.
- Assist the Executive Director in planning and writing the agenda for Executive Committee meetings.
- At the state conference, the Chair of the Executive Committee will:
- Run the business session (Other district presidents will assist).
- Collect resolutions for the business session from other district presidents (write any that are needed).
- Assist host school leaders in emcee responsibilities.
- Help the Executive Director plan and write agendas for Executive Committee meetings.
- This person should have experience with Parliamentary procedure.
- Send responses to emails of interest.
- Serve as a recruiter to MASC.
- Create recruiting documents for District Secretaries/ Advisors to send to their non-member schools.
- Make personal visits or host web conferences with non-member schools.
- Visit other leadership conferences.
- Report to the Montana Association of Secondary School Principals’ annual conference.
Communications Director will:
- Record minutes of Executive Committee meetings.
- Manage the MASC Google account, keeping the minutes up to date and checking emails.
- Send out information to District Secretaries and Advisors such as:
- Conference information and dates
- Registration processes
- Required dues
- Information the Executive Committee would like district input on
- Organize Executive Committee meetings outside the parameters of the Fall and Spring Meetings.
Chair of Media Promotions:
- Manage media presence and keep accounts active on several media platforms (Including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, MASC Website, Snapchat, etc…).
- Post on social media regarding student leadership events, opportunities, and other information regarding the MASC organization (Fall Conference, NatStuCo, Deadlines, Student Leaders, MASC Promotion, Leadership Development Experiences, District meetings, etc…).
- This position may be filled by two District Presidents, dependent upon the Chair of the National Conference.
Chair of Awards:
- Bring awareness of available awards and inform schools of the nomination processes.
- Remind districts to nominate Advisor and Administrator of the Year.
- Gather nominations from all six districts and pass them on to the Executive Committee.
- Work closely with State Executive Director to order the awards.
- Present the Administrator of the Year Award at the recipient’s home school in the spring.
- Present the Advisor of the Year Award at the Fall State Conference.
- Answer questions about the award processes.
- Propose other awards to the Executive Committee if desired.
Chair of the National Conference
- Help plan pre/post conference event, and travel arrangements.
- Communicate trip details to delegates (shirt, cheers, trade items, …).
- Promote the national conference at district and state meetings.
- Create recommended speakers list to give to districts and State Conference hosts.